Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Tortoise

We were driving to the church after lunch Sunday and we saw people pulled over on the side of the road. We slowed down and saw that three cars had stopped to save a turtle in the middle of the road. Highway 98 folks. People were stopped just so they could help a turtle. Don't hate me, but I'm not about to risk my life to pull over and rescue Mr. turtle off the road.

So, we continued on and pulled into the back church parking lot.
Lo and behold, I think a husband and wife turtle had got seperated. Right in the middle of the parking lot was Mrs. Turtle.














You'd think my kids had just landed at Disney World.
Autumn and Easton were chasing that thing everywhere.
































Justin picked it up so they kids could touch it.
Mean ol' mom wouldn't let them pick it up! 














Once we'd scared the poor turtle half to death, we helped it find shelter under a portable building where we knew the shade and moisture would do her good.

Hopefully the Mr. and Mrs. found each other again that day.

1 comment:

  1. I love that!!! The pics are beautiful!
    It reminds me of a time when we were driving in a motor home on vacation & I swerved to avoid hitting a turtle in the road. Eddie was sleeping at the time & got thrown out of the bed.
    Haha!!
    He wasn't laughing at the time, but we laugh about it now!!
    Who knew turtles could make for such entertaining stories??!

    ReplyDelete