Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Heart

There are certain people I pray for daily.
But some are closer to my heart than others.
I won't get into my whole reproductive history.
Cause that's a post for another day.

But I believe God allows us to go through
situations and trials so we can be refined.
As hard as it is at certain times, it does make us stronger.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

After years of trying to have a child.
Multiple miscarriages.
Years of disappointment.
Tears on the pillows.
Pain beyond the hurt.

I have a heart for those women who also struggle to conceive.
Or those who cannot conceive at all.

My prayers are focused on a few special ladies lately.
My friends:
Sara and her husband David.
Ashley and her husband Nathan.
Ashton and her husband Nick.

I hear the hurt in the words.
When I read their post I can feel the deep void that's in their chest.
The longing to hold their babies.
But I can also sense hope.
I can see faith rising up.
I know God is up to something!

You have granted him the desire of his heart
and have not withheld the request from his lips. Psalm 21:2

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Mrs Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, thanks for sharing your heart and these verses. They spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good! It is amazing how God allows each of us to walk our rocky roads so we can minister to others on similar paths. You are a blessing. So awesome that you share your struggles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those verses are so true. James 1:2-4 is my new prayer, to understand that this is a trial and it is used for something.. and meant for God's purpose, whatever the outcome may be... This is why you were the one I thought of during my blog today. You are awesome Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashton, still believing with you guys.
    Brittni, thanks. Those verses are a few I keep in my arsenal when I feel like God has forgot about my motherly desires ... even though I know he hasn't! :)
    Tammy, You are so right. When we walk through the fire we will be refined. And then we have a story to tell as well! Love you and miss you!
    Toshana, we are studying James in my small group and it has been speaking to me as well. It WILL be used for His glory! Thanks for the high compliments. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete