Monday, February 14, 2011

02.14.2011

Today is one of those days 
I want to shut the blinds. 
Curl up in my bed. 
Put the covers over my head. 
And check out for the day. 


Today was due date for the 3rd Henderson 
baby to make his/her entrance. 


We proudly displayed this last June. 










And after telling our children, family and church, 
things started happening and we knew 
we were losing the baby. 


It was a hard week around our home. 
Not many words were spoken. 
Lots of tears were shed. 
Questions from a 9 year old were posed, 
that I had no answer to. 


The following few months came 
with good days and bad days. 
And the past few have been much easier. 
Until today came. 


I thought I'd be okay. 
I've been preparing for this.
But when my eyes opened this morning, 
my heart was heavy. 
My breaths were harder to take. 
And my insides have a void. 


I am thankful that tomorrow is a new day. 
I am promised to be made new. 
I am promised that His mercies are new every day. 
I really am okay. 

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you sweet friend....love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to prepare for heartache...we love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Joy. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so choked up, I am so sorry I hope the week has gotten easier for you.....Gods grace is precious and ever so sufficient!! Praying for you guys!! Hugs ~jilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you guys. It is such a hard pain to bear, the void that is there and the reminders that come. God will walk with you through it, sometimes that is a better blessing than carrying us.

    ReplyDelete