Monday, November 9, 2009

Worst Days Of My Life

I was thinking back over the worst moments in my life.
I mean scary, terrifying, life altering, crazy moments.
I came up with four.

#1 My 20 month baby girl old ran into the middle of a major street (Cherry St.) into noon traffic.
A door had been left open at the church. I had a gut intuition and before I could speak, I heard people laying on their horns. I knew it was horrible. Somehow the cars had seen my toddler dart out the front door. She didn't have a scratch on her. God was ALL OVER that.

#2 I had an allergic reaction to a medicine that caused my heart to start skipping beats and my eyes to roll back in my head.
Never take medicine without doing research. I was young (21) and didn't do my research on a medication that other young mothers had had allergic reactions to as well. The eye condition could have been permanent, and my heart could have had serious problems. Thankfully after a night in the ER and three days recooperating I regained control of my eyes and my heart rate returned to normal.

#3 I was 3 months pregnant with our baby boy and passed out in our shower stall with a 4 second warning.
I was showering as normal and started feeling lightheaded. I got one sentence out of my mouth to Cory and then I remember losing every function of my body. Next thing I knew, Cory had me wrapped up in a blanket and patting my face. He was as white as I was at that point. Turns out a had low blood sugar and I wasn't allowed to shower the remaining of that pregnancy.

#4 I was T-Boned on the drivers side of my car ... 7 months pregnant ... and our 6 year old in the backseat. 
A teenage boy ran a stop sign and t-boned me in the drivers side, threw me into a ditch, and flipped the car completely on it's right side. Autumn came out with seat belt burn. I came out with glass in me, cuts, bruises, seat belt burn and a night in the hospital because I started having contractions. There is no logical reason we walked out of the wreck with as little as we did. God was ALL OVER that.
Funny side note: Easton was breeach at our appt the day before. They were looking at doing a c-section. After the wreck, he was not breech. The impact had flipped him completely in perfect position.



I can say that the Lord has shaped me and made me who I am because of the good ... and the bad ... moments in my life. If it weren't for the bad days, I'm sure I wouldn't appreciate the good days near as much. Although I don't understand WHY some things happen, I choose to trust.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."
Proverbs 3:5,6

2 comments:

  1. These were definitely moments that we'll never forget because God's hands were all over them. Great blog! Love it...and love you too!:)

    ReplyDelete